12.14.2014

Christmas Countdown

Ahh.. my favorite time of the year. After Thanksgiving, all of our decorations went up, and just looking at them makes me happy. I wish they could stay up all year. I also wish it was a little colder, but we don't all get what we want, do we? :)

All of our Christmas decorations have meaning, and I love that. Our tree went up first, with all of its ornaments, each with its own little story. The tree skirt was handmade by my great-grandmother. Our nativity was given to us piece by piece over a few Christmases by Matt's grandmother, and our Nutcracker collection given to us by my grandparents, all with a history, which makes it all so much more special. The wreath was made by yours truly, with help from my grandmother.

I love Christmas. 
Red, green, and gold belong together. 



It's not just Christmas time at home, but also at school. Our elf is back. This year, once again, the kids named him. I let them put names into a hat, and then we voted on the favorite. His name is "Billzz" (like "dolla-dolla-billz"). While this may be what his name ended up as, I am convinced that whoever came up with this name really meant to write "Blizz," so sometimes, we just call him "Blizz"--short for Blizzard.) His nickname is "Tater Tot." Seventh Graders make a lot of sense. That's one thing I've learned in my three years of teaching them. Hopefully, you caught the sarcasm there. Anyway, here are a few of his favorite spots this year...
First day with us
Fishing for Candy canes


He's over on the right--holding the pen


The kids have so much fun with him being in our classroom--regardless of what they believe/don't believe. I think it is something fun that we can be a part of together as a class (all five of my classes). 

Unfortunately, one thing I have had to miss this Christmas season is every single Christmas party we've been invited to. It makes me so sad, because I love getting to celebrate this season with everyone we love. Why?

 Yep, this is my loot. I've been cooped up for four days, and don't let the one Kleenex box fool you. Four. I can honestly say that I do FINALLY feel like I am on the road to recovery, but I was obviously in need of some serious R&R. Thankfully, Gilmore Girls has been here to keep me company all the while. I'm ready to get back to school to see my kids again before they take their finals. I'm ready to have my voice back. And I'm ready to start celebrating the Christmas season with other humans! Hubs has been so good about taking care of me and also keeping a little distance, so he stays healthy. I know he's ready for me to be back on my feet, too.

I have a few more items on my To-Do/To-Get list for Christmas, and then I'll be done. So crazy--I don't think I've ever been done so early before. I did a lot of shopping early and/or online. I also created my own little not-so-little Christmas Wish List. Matt was very appreciative. He likes seeing the pictures and having links. I also made a bigger list, so I feel like I didn't just tell him exactly what to get me, but gave some options instead. He's awesome, and he is so excited about already having his gifts and having them wrapped (all done by him).

So... what's on your list this year??

Christmas Wish List 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment