11.11.2015

Veterans' Day

Today is my first Veterans' Day holiday off of work. In the past, we have had school on Veterans' Day. We always had an assembly that brought me to tears every year. The assembly was to honor veterans, specifically family members and loved ones of students and teachers who had served our country that were able to attend the assembly.

Last year, I proudly invited my grandfather to be an honored guest at the assembly. He served in the U.S. Air Force in the 1940's. This year, I'm thanking my favorite veteran from another state and from home, giving me the time to write about it. This man right here, he is the best. He doesn't think of himself as any sort of hero, but man oh man, he has a passion for the Lord like no other and will always be a hero to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment