11.10.2013

Nutcracker Market

Have you ever been to the Nutcracker Market in Houston? If not, it's worth a special trip. It is known as  "A Shopping Wonderland," and that it is. It is the kind of place that young girls Ooh and Ahh about, and by young girls, I mean all women. It only comes once a year and only for four days, but my oh my is it packed!!

I went yesterday with two of my roommates from college. It was a very fun little reunion, because we don't live very close to each other. We don't live particularly far from each other either, but in this season of our lives, it is hard to get together.
I went in knowing that I wanted to find new stockings for Christmas this year. I tried to put blinders up on most everything else, because I was trying to be good. It is easy to not be good there. I found these cute stockings and these letter ornaments that I will use, in place of having them monogrammed. I felt like that was a good decision while trying to stay on a budget. 
I also found these adorable, nordic patterned "Ho Ho Ho." These very well may make an appearance in our Christmas card this year or maybe in my classroom closer to Christmas time. Or maybe both? Either way, they will be used, and I am very excited about them!
I bought a few other things, but they are gifts for other people, so I am not going to post them on here yet. All in all, it was a great day with great friends. If you have never had a chance to go, make a point next year to make it there. It will be worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment