2.07.2014

[Baked] Zucchini Chips

The Family Fitness Challenge officially ended Tuesday night. I have not posted about my final thoughts, yet, because "Closing Ceremonies" (as my mom is calling them) are on Sunday night. So, more to come on the challenge in a couple of days.

For now, a recipe. If you are in desperate need of amping up your side dishes, try making these zucchini chips. My mom made them a couple of weeks ago, and they were so easy and delicious, I had to make them, too. If you ask me, zucchini can be a little non-exciting. I'm more of a squash-girl, and as I type that, I wonder why it seems that zucchini and squash are almost always paired together. Maybe its their shape? Or maybe it isn't true at all, and I have just always paired them together? But if we are being honest here, whenever I cook both together, I always tend to pick out the squash. Regardless, here is a recipe that makes zucchini so much better. Also, the smell of them cooking is delightful! Here is the recipe:

[Baked] Zucchini Chips:
Ingredients:
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced
- 2 T olive oil (or grape seed oil--that's what I had)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1/4 cup dry, plain bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste (it doesn't need much)

Instructions:
- Place zucchini slices in a sealable bag, and then pour in the oil. Shake the bag until slices are covered. Then, mix in all other ingredients and shake until all zucchini slices are covered with "the goods". Then place in a single layer on a cookie sheet (with cooking spray). Bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment