4.28.2014

Second Anniversary

To celebrate, we had an entire day of dates on Saturday. We played 18 holes of golf. We went to lunch. We went to dinner. And, we went to a movie. Quality time is one of our love languages that we both share. So, that's exactly what we did--spent some quality time together. Yesterday, we went to church and then to lunch with our class. We picked up some things from my grandparents' house, which will hit the blog later, and then I cooked Matt his favorite meal. It is a recipe that his grandmother gave to me when we got married. All in all, it was the perfect anniversary weekend.

Two years ago today was the best day of my life. I'm not sure what could top it except for the days our future children are born, God willing, but no plans for that as of now. For now, the day Matthew Bormann and I vowed to be husband and wife in front of a church filled with our family and closest friends, surrounded by God's love, that was the best day of my life. That day was two years ago.
        



Do you see those flowers? I will never forget them. I remember just staring at them when we were on the altar. I was in awe. 

Matt and I shared a first look in the same garden where he had proposed about seven months before. He proposed to me on my 22nd birthday. He took me to the church I had grown up in, the one my parents were married in 30 years prior, the one he knew we would one day get married in. He told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He had asked for my father's permission. Both my earthly father and my Heavenly Father. It was perfect. It was all God's doing. He's amazing like that. 

After we shared our first look, we were off to say our vows.

  






















After being pronounced husband and wife, we danced the night away with all of our favorite people.


To quote the song we first danced to...
"and I thought I loved you then."  

Happy 2nd Anniversary to my best friend and soul mate. 


Thank you to Kelly Hornberger for capturing moments that I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment