6.17.2014

21-Day Fix | P90X Days 27-37

I have found quite a bit of inspiration from this quote. Making a change requires a change. As you may know, I have been working through P90X for a little over a month now. When I first started, I used it as an excuse to eat what I wanted, or what was easy. Silly me. What I realized was that in order to see change, I need to make a change. 
I had been waiting for 21-Day Fix to come in the mail, and when it finally did, I could not wait to start! I am still going to continue working through P90X, but throwing some other workouts in the mix or even doubling up on some days. If you have a full-time job outside of your house, you may think I'm crazy to say that. But, I'm a teacher with summers [mostly] off. Do you remember your summers as a kid? How many times did you say "I'm bored" in the summertime. I don't want to be bored. Instead, I want to create and fuel good habits. Enter 21-Day Fix. No counting, no guessing, just an easy-to-follow portion control (with fun color-coded containers) and one [30 minute] work out a day. 
Look at my yummy breakfast and lunch and convince me that your mouth isn't watering...
Portion-ing
Breakfast is served!



Portion-ing
Lunch is served!




P90X Update

Here is what I did on Days 27-37:
Day 27: Kenpo X
Day 28: Ab Ripper X
Day 29: Core Synergistics
Day 30: Stretch X
Day 31: Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps
Day 32: Run 2 miles outside
Day 33: Rest
Day 34: Ab Ripper X
Day 35: Back and Biceps, Run 3 miles outside
Day 36: Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 37: Total Body Cardio Fix (21-Day Fix Work Out)




I have found that there are a few keys to making new habits. The first one is MAKE GOALS-big and small, short term and long term, daily and weekly. If you don't make goals, how do you define success? The second one is PLANNING. Plan your day, plan your meals, plan your workouts, plan your to-do lists. Make a plan. The third one is MOTIVATION. What is it that motivates you? This may be a person, this may be a thing, this may be a job, this may be a vacation, and this might be something very personal, but whatever it is, find it, and use it to your advantage.

What habits are you making?

No comments:

Post a Comment