6.30.2014

Quinoa Chicken Parmesan

I am always on the hunt for new recipes. I ran across one that seemed very simple and that I already had all of the ingredients for, Quinoa Chicken Parmesan, so we tried it a couple of nights ago. It may sound a little strange, but the recipe is so easy and this dinner was really good! I found the recipe here.

Quinoa Chicken Parmesan
Ingredients:
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I used Prego)

Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa according to package, and then stir in Italian seasoning.
- Take each chicken breast and cover completely with flour, dip into the eggs, then cover completely with quinoa, making sure the entire chicken breast is coated.
- Repeat with each chicken breast and place each onto the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken and top with cheeses and marinara.
- Then bake for another few minutes until cheese has melted.

Let me know if you get a chance to try it! I'd love to know how you liked it!

For the past couple of months, I have been working through a combination of BeachBody programs, P90X and 21-Day Fix. I am on Day 15 of 21-Day Fix, and I still think it is awesome! I am a big proponent of planning out your meals and staying away from last minute (usually unhealthy) decisions about what to eat. I have also loved having the little containers to help me with portions. But most of all, I have LOVED the workouts. Even Matt has gotten into them, and always says, "Okay, so which one are we doing today?" Yes, WE! It is fun being able to work out at home, but it makes it even more fun that he wants to do it with me!

Here we are sweating it out during Pilates Fix (which he found out is not just "light stretching"). 


Here is what I did the last two weeks:
Day 38: Upper Fix
Day 39: Lower Fix
Day 40: Pilates Fix
Day 41: Cardio Fix
Day 42: Dirty 30
Day 43: Yoga Fix
Day 44: Total Body Cardio Fix & Pilates Fix
Day 45: Upper Fix & Cardio Fix
Day 46: Lower Fix & 10 Min Abs
Day 47: Pilates Fix & Total Body Cardio Fix
Day 48: Rest
Day 49: Dirty 30
Day 50: Yoga Fix
Day 51: Total Body Cardio Fix

Friday was not intended to be a rest day, but we were both exhausted. I had been doing double day workouts for a few days, so my body just needed to rest. So, we propped up our feet and relaxed for the night... all three of us :)
Hope you have a happy Monday and a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment