5.05.2014

Cinco de Mayo | Chicken Enchiladas

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Cinco de Mayo has always been a special day to me, and while I care quite a bit about the Battle of Puebla, it actually has nothing to do with why I love Cinco de Mayo. My mom's birthday is on Cinco de Mayo!! Yes, every year. And I love my mom a whole lot.

Another thing I love about this holiday is tex-mex. I mean, who doesn't love tex-mex? I wish I could say that we went out for some amazing Houston tex-mex or that I whipped up some incredible meal, but I actually wasn't feeling well, so neither of those things happened. However, last weekend was our Anniversary, and I made Matt's favorite meal, which happens to be chicken enchiladas that I feel ready to share with the world now. So, if you are looking for a new recipe to try that makes a whole lot, here is the recipe for you...

Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up/shredded
-10 (or more) tortillas
-16 oz. sour cream
-1 sm. can mild green chiles
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 lg. package shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
-1 [optional] onion

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients and fill tortillas (leave some cheese for topping.) Place in 9x13 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Serve with some yummy tex-mex side dishes! 


Let me know if you try this dish! Hope you love it as much as we do! 

And Happy birthday, Mom! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment