5.17.2014

P90X | Days 1-7

I am We are all busy. We don't have children yet (don't tell Avery), and I still feel like I have very little time for me. If you are like me, exercising can take a back seat oftentimes.

Why? 

  • Because waking up at 4:30 AM is not fun. If you are one that can wake up that early and still make it to work and home with a smile on your face, then keep it up! That is awesome. But, I don't think that's me. Now, in the summer, I will enjoy myself a morning workout, but that may start at 7:00 AM, and I will enjoy that extra couple of hours of sleep. 
  • Because you have a laundry list of things to do that are prioritized ahead of you-time. (that reminds me... I should do laundry)
  • Because going to the gym takes effort and planning before you even get there. Then, you get there, and maybe you don't even know where to begin. So, you do 30 minutes of cardio (treadmill, elliptical, bike) and then try out a couple of other machines and call it a day. Did you sweat? Maybe. 
  • Because of all of the other excuses you or I could come up with. But that is exactly what they are... excuses. 
If this does not describe you, then skip this post. This is just me. I need to be honest so that I can be held accountable. I want to make a change. I loved starting off the year with a Five-Week Family Fitness Challenge. It feels good to do something good for your body. Then, at the end of January, my mom and I ran the Houston Half Marathon. Once again, I challenged myself. 

Let's throw the excuses out the window and challenge ourselves. I have decided that's what I am going to do. The gym and I have a complicated relationship, so I am going to try something else. P90X. I am motivated, and I am committed. Now, I just need to be held accountable to keep it up for 90 days. I am 8 days in and feel great. The best part? I can work out in my living room! And... absolutely NO machines!! It's me, a yoga mat, a band and/or dumbbells, and sometimes Ave (who usually just stares at me).
Here is what I did the first week: 
Day 1: Chest and Back
Day 2: Plyometrics
Day 3: Shoulders and Arms
Day 4: Ab Ripper X
Day 5: Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6: T25 Lower Focus (another Beach Body series... at school with some other teachers)
Day 7: Rest

Whenever you want to skip out on exercising, remember that you are not alone. But, also remember that we are called by God to care for our bodies.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:29-31

What is your favorite workout regime?
Have you challenged yourself with anything new lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment