5.22.2014

My Thoughts on Yoga

Yesterday was my first experience with P90X Yoga X. Yoga is a very underestimated exercise. Before yesterday, I was guilty of falling into the category of people who believe yoga is a form of light stretching... a "rest day" if you will. I am no longer in that group of people, and it is not light stretching. It is a test of endurance. Not the half marathon kind where you can't feel your toes anymore because you've been running for the amount of time it takes to drive to Austin from Houston, but the strength kind where you are stretching muscles you didn't even know you had, much less have ever used.

Overall, I came to the conclusion that yoga is not an easy workout, but it is one that is very beneficial. I felt like I was back in my gymnastics days, and I even called Matt in the room to spot me while trying a head-stand. It wasn't pretty, but I tried. And I will keep trying. Isn't that what challenging yourself is all about?

I will leave you with Avery's version of "downward dog"...
...trying to convince me I was doing it wrong.

What are your thoughts about yoga?

No comments:

Post a Comment